Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who wins 2008 World Series?


This could be one of the most unwatched World Series' ever? With that said who would have expected the Rays vs. Phillies....NOBODY. This is just like George Mason making the Final Four a few years back. I like the Tampa Bay Rays in this matchup in 6 games. I feel they have a better manager, have more momentum, better starting pitching, and obviously home-field advantage.


Tampa Bay is in a much better league first off and had a better regular season. Now how much of that means something in the World Series. I don't know, it didn't help the Tigers back in 2006. Then again the Tigers had a week off, the Rays just played on Sunday night. B.J. Upton has 7 home runs this postseason which is second only to Carlos Beltran's 8 from a few years ago when he was in Houston. Carl Crawford is back, Evan Longoria is the real deal, Carlos Pena can swing it when he is on a roll as most Tigers fans know. I feel the key though is the great pitching of the Rays. Scott Kazmir, James Shields, and Matt Garza= enough said. They are all young studs who can throw it. Kazmir doesn't have overpowering stuff but he is the Tom Glavine of this era. Last time I checked Tom Glavine had a pretty damn good career.


The Fighting Phillies have some good stars as well with Cole Hamels, Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard. I just don't think they have enough especially with Brett Myers and Jamie Moyer pitching in Games 2,3 respectively.


Either or, I don't know if I can watch this series, I wanted to see the Dodgers vs. Red Sox. Let's just start watching preseason NBA basketball instead of this series. I can't believe I am saying that about the World Series. Rays in 6


Who do you got?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rays

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home